- Via Walvis Bay International Airport (then a 40min road transfer). Serviced by various airlines from Windhoek and Cape Town and SAA from Johannesburg.
- Via Swakopmund Airport by private charter. (Then a 20min road transfer).
- Via Windhoek International Airport (then a 4h road transfer or a 60min charter flight).
- Serviced internationally by Air Namibia and Condor from Frankfurt and regionally by SAA from Johannesburg & Cape Town. British Airways from Johannesburg. Angolan Airlines from Luanda and numerous other regional destinations such as Harare, Lusaka, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Victoria Falls, Katima Mulilo and Accra by Air Namibia and others.
- From Windhoek, take the B1 towards Okahandja and follow signs to Swakopmund.
Total journey = 4h – 365 km
- From Walvis Bay, follow the signs to Swakopmund and travel along the
Total journey = 40 min – 35 km
- From Etosha’s eastern side, drive south to Tsumeb and to Otjiwarongo
then follow signs to Okahandja and to Swakopmund.
Total journey = 7 h – 600 km
- From Etosha’s western side, drive south to Outjo and Otjiwarongo and
follow signs to Omaruru and Karibib to Swakopmund.
Total journey = 6 h – 519 km
- From Sossusvlei/Sesriem area, drive the C14 towards Walvis Bay. In
Walvis Bay take the road to Swakopmund.
Total journey = 5 h – 345 km
- In Swakopmund itself, turn right into Strandstrasse and left into the
Strand Hotel Swakopmund access road.
- From June – October: 10 – 26 °C
- From November – May: 14-32°C
- GMT +2 (Summer & Winter)